ADSM-L

Re: AIX Paging Space Utilization

2004-09-20 09:04:01
Subject: Re: AIX Paging Space Utilization
From: Miles Purdy <PURDYM AT FIPD.GC DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 08:03:45 -0500
I have also seen paging space issues my server that runs only TSM.

OS: AIX 5.1 ML 6
TSM server: 5.1 and 5.2.3.1
Memory: 2GB
Space: 2 GB (now 3 GB)

We have logged cases with IBM, to no avail. I have check all the settings
myself. IBM has checked everything and found no problems. I'd also be
interested in any help.

Miles

>>> Curtis.Stewart AT LAWSON DOT COM 16-Sep-04 4:51:20 PM >>>

I'm running into issues with paging space utilization on my AIX based TSM
system.

Host OS                AIX 5.2
TSM Version                5.2.2.3
Physical Memory        12GB
Dual CPU P630
TSM Database 1         36.6GB
TSM Database 2        59.7GB

I have two TSM instances running on the same box and recently (after a reboot)
I've seen the paging space utilization increase dramatically. I've gotten to
the point where I have to stop one of the instances of TSM and let the system
recover paging space, then restart TSM.  Anyone have any tips? I do think I may
have my bufpoolsize settings a little high, at 1GB for each instance. I haven't
experimented with lowering these settings. My cache hit is 99% consistently.

TSM Options: See Attached File (options.txt)
AIX Memory Settings: See Attached File (memsettings.txt)

Curtis Stewart
curtis.stewart AT lawson DOT com