ADSM-L

Re: Looking for ways to improve daily backups and Disaster Recovery

2004-09-20 08:19:43
Subject: Re: Looking for ways to improve daily backups and Disaster Recovery
From: asr AT UFL DOT EDU
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 08:20:49 -0400
==> In article <OFEEBF38E6.0014B98D-ON85256F15.00410999-85256F15.004160EC AT
humana DOT com>, David Browne <dbrowne AT HUMANA DOT COM> writes:

> We're looking at possibly revamping our TSM system.  We've got a OS/390
> server.  Looking at all possibilities (adding disk or tape or bandwidth to
> our current server OR changing to a different TSM server platform like AIX)
> what hardware configuration would give us the fastest D/R of a large client?

Daniel mentioned a bunch of configuration choices, but as for hardware I think
that pseries under AIX is probably going to be your best option.  pseries can
certainly grow large enough to satisfy large clients, and with the power5
stuff coming out now it's beginning to exhibit some of the performance
features you're used to on zseries.

- Allen S. Rout