ADSM-L

backup and retension issue

2004-09-17 22:57:54
Subject: backup and retension issue
From: Ng Soo Lek <soolek AT ASIRIUS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 10:42:24 +0800
Hi,

I am using Cristie CBMR to backup my NT boxes OS. I have a retension policy
as follows:

Daily Backup = 30 days
Weekly Backup = 3 years
Monthly Backup = 7 years

As Cristie CBMR does not make use of TSM Management Classes, i have problems
with the backup and retension.

I was told that the way for me to implement is to make use of command
scripts to do the following:

1) changing the filespace daily (i.e change name from  /serverA  to /serverA-
01012004)
2)check for the timestamp that the filespace was created. (ie. if
filespace /serverA-01012004 was created more then 3 years agao ; current
date is 16092004; the filespace will have to be deleted.

As i still very new to the TSM world, can anyone provide me with more
insight and if possible, a sample script on how i can resolve my problem.

My TSM version is 5.1 running on IBM AIX platform.

Thank you