ADSM-L

Re: Duel tape write to LTO's

2004-09-17 10:50:45
Subject: Re: Duel tape write to LTO's
From: "Johnson, Milton" <milton.johnson AT CITIGROUP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 10:50:45 -0400
 You should be able to create a PRIMARY STGPOOL named TAPEPOOL and a
COPY STGPOOL named COPYPOOL with both of them having a sequential access
(tape) DEVICE CLASS such as DLT or LTO.  Both stgpools can be in the
same library.  On the stgpool TAPEPOOL definition you set the
COPYSTGPOOLS parameter to COPYPOOL.  Then when your client backs up to
TAPEPOOL, TSM will simultaneously write to COPYPOOL.  Of course having
an adequate number of tape drives is required.

H. Milton Johnson