ADSM-L

Re: each dbbackup to new tape?

2004-09-15 11:12:39
Subject: Re: each dbbackup to new tape?
From: Orville Lantto <orville.lantto AT DATATREND DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 10:11:03 -0500
Why not just use a different tape drive/library for db backups?  This is
especially appealing for small shops where the bother of using a manual
library is less pain than the cost of tapes.

Orville L. Lantto
Datatrend Technologies, Inc.  (http://www.datatrend.com)
IBM Premier Business Partner
121 Cheshire Lane, Suite 700
Minnetonka, MN 55305
Email: Orville.Lantto AT datatrend DOT com

and privileged information. Any  unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
message.

Bill Smoldt <smoldt AT STORSOL DOT COM>
09/15/2004 09:59 AM