ADSM-L

Re: Second level collocation

2004-09-14 11:44:52
Subject: Re: Second level collocation
From: "Warren, Matthew (Retail)" <Matthew.Warren AT POWERGEN.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 15:53:55 +0100
As I was reading this, I immediatley thought,  hoho, if he can get the
admins to properly classify their data. Then you wrote:

        On another front, am I too optimistic to think that local client
administrators will appropriately classify their data? Your experiences
on this front too will be helpful - particularly those universities out
there who have little control over your clients.

This has been a constant thorn in my side. Trying to get people to think
about restore requirements. Despite many meetings, explanations,
arguments etc.. it pretty much without fail ends up coming back as 'back
it all up, and keep it all for the same anount of time.' I have very
rarely been succesfull in getting any kind of division of 'importance'
of data beyond 'os' 'app' and 'data'.

So , I would say YES.

Matt.