ADSM-L

Re: Select to find what tape a single file is on

2004-09-10 02:43:28
Subject: Re: Select to find what tape a single file is on
From: Alexander Verkooijen <alexander AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 08:43:23 +0200

The TSM client uses the real tables in the TSM database.
As you say, these tables obviously contain the information
that is needed to determine on which tape a specific version
of a file resides otherwise the client wouldn't be able
to do it's jobs.
Unfortunately the SQL interface doesn't provide access to
the real database tables but to 'pseudo tables' which don't
contain the information you seek.

Alexander

Alexander Verkooijen
Senior Systems Programmer