ADSM-L

Re: admin id

2004-09-09 15:23:35
Subject: Re: admin id
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 15:23:33 -0400
It's used for authentication for the WEB client.

If you check you'll see that the admin id has OWNER level authority.
That is what would be needed if someone on CLIENTABC used the WEB client to
do a restore with the browser instead of starting the Windows GUI client.

If you aren't using the web client, or if the only people who might be using
the web client have a higher level of authority (you, for instance, already
have an admin id with SYSTEM level authority), then you don't need that ID
at all.

When you register the node, you can put NONE in the "userid for remote
access" box and suppress creation of the admin id.

Wanda Prather
"I/O, I/O, It's all about I/O"  -(me)