ADSM-L

Re: Windows unattended client upgrade scenario; how to uninstall v3 and v4 clients unattended?

2004-09-09 13:59:44
Subject: Re: Windows unattended client upgrade scenario; how to uninstall v3 and v4 clients unattended?
From: Tab Trepagnier <Tab.Trepagnier AT LAITRAM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 12:59:44 -0500
Marcel,

I didn't see any responses so I'm going to take a shot.

In general, the application uninstall string is stored in the Registry.
After all, the "Remove" button has to submit some command to Windows to
cause the program to remove itself.  That Registry key is the command.
What's missing is the "hands off" part.  Depending on the installation
tool, you can try appending a "-a" or a "-q" to make it "quiet".

We used that technique to script the uninstall of the RightFax client on
over 100 PCs.  We located the uninstall string in the Registry, patched it
for silect operation, and fed it to Windows.  Worked like a charm.

Hope this helps, or at least points in a usable direction.

Tab Trepagnier
TSM Administrator
Laitram, L.L.C.

"Anthonijsz, Marcel M SITI-ITIBHL" <Marcel.Anthonijsz AT SHELL DOT COM>
09/07/2004 11:38 AM