ADSM-L

Re: Backup clients not going away when their session should end!

2004-09-24 15:35:35
Subject: Re: Backup clients not going away when their session should end!
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 15:34:17 -0400
On Sep 24, 2004, at 3:09 PM, Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU wrote:

I  am looking forward to an answer since I too have been experiencing
this
problem, recently.

My environment is different:  z/OS TSM 5.1.8  with the client at
5.2.0.1
(which we plan to upgrade to 5.2.3.2, some time soon) on 2K3.

This node used to work just fine and suddenly (about a month now) this
started happening.

I am beginning to wonder if it is a M$ patch issue ?

Hmmm... Perhaps a related file system corruption or disk defect which
results in the moral equivalent of a loop.  I advocate periodic file
system/disk scans and fixits with a good commercial utility on PC type
systems in general.

  Richard Sims