ADSM-L

Need evidence of successful BRMS/TSM sharing 3494

2004-09-23 18:09:14
Subject: Need evidence of successful BRMS/TSM sharing 3494
From: Dan Giles <dangiles AT SYMPATICO DOT CA>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 18:09:15 -0400
Currently, BRMS has a 3494 and TSM has its own (in different locations). We are
bringing the AS/400s into this data centre. The AS/400 people WILL NOT share
the library unless we get "proof" that it can be done successfully. (Sharing
will take less floor space and give us high availability for the same cost.)

Note, we are probably not interested in a TSM agent for BRMS. We still want to
keep these two beasts off each other throats. So, we are simply looking for
other datacentres that have BRMS and TSM sharing a PARTITIONED 3494.

If TSM can act as a library manager for BRMS (i.e. easily share drives) that
would be of interest also.

If you can help, I'd appreciate it; and if you don't mind, the AS/400
people would probably like to converse with you later.

Thanks in advance.

Dan Giles
416.402.9744  dangiles AT sympatico DOT ca