ADSM-L

Re: dsmerror.log configuration

2004-09-22 13:41:04
Subject: Re: dsmerror.log configuration
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 13:40:51 -0400
Greg - It's unusual and unhealthy, from both logical an physical
standpoints,
       to mingle the error logging from all sessions - which may involve
simultaneous sessions.  In such an error log, you want a clear-cut
sequence
of operations and consequences reflected.

What I would recommend is the creation of a wrapper script for dsmc,
named
the same or differently, which will put all error logs into a single,
all-writable directory, with an error log path spec which appends the
username, for uniqueness and singularity.  The wrapper script would
invoke
dsmc with the -ERRORLOGname= option spec.

   Richard Sims   http://people.bu.edu/rbs