ADSM-L

Re: Windows client error

2004-09-17 09:11:22
Subject: Re: Windows client error
From: Neil Schofield <neil.schofield AT YORKSHIREWATER.CO DOT UK>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 14:11:37 +0100
Eric

I don't know whether there are different causes of the 'cuGetBackQryResp:
Server aborted txn' error on the client, but we see it at irregular
intervals.

In our case, it is accompanied by an ANR0918E message on the server. Eg

DSMERROR.LOG on client:
15-09-2004 19:48:26 cuGetBackQryResp: Server aborted txn, reason: 1
15-09-2004 19:49:17 ANS1301E Server detected system error

ACTLOG on server:
15-09-2004 19:48:26   ANR0918E Inventory Query Backup for node BIWNODE2

                       terminated - lock conflict. (SESSION: 1522)

I believe the reason for the errors in our scenario is described in APAR
IC36769, but is basically due to the large number of physical objects that
make up the Windows systemobject backup being processed as a single
transaction.

*If* this is the reason for your error, I don't understand why you're not
seeing anything on the server.

Regards
Neil Schofield
Yorkshire Water Services Ltd.

Take a tour of a virtual waste water treatment works at
http://www.wastewatertour.com
The information in this e-mail is confidential and may also be legally
privileged. The contents are intended for recipient only and are subject
to the legal notice available at http://www.keldagroup.com/email.htm
Yorkshire Water Services Limited
Registered Office Western House Halifax Road Bradford BD6 2SZ
Registered in England and Wales No 2366682