ADSM-L

Re: Antwort: Re: each dbbackup to new tape?

2004-09-15 11:37:42
Subject: Re: Antwort: Re: each dbbackup to new tape?
From: Hoa V Nguyen <nguyenhv AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 10:37:33 -0500
Hi Lucian,

We do very simple:

Through TSM schedule to backup DB with flat file to Disk beginning of
hour.
45' later  a script to archive the file to other site.

If somethings happen we can get data from onsite or offsite.

Good luck to you for saving tapes.
Hoa.

Lucian Greis <lgreis AT MKV DOT DE>
09/15/2004 09:23 AM
Please respond to
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Antwort: Re: each dbbackup to new tape?

Hi Hoa,

now this sounds interesting: I suppose I willhave to define a "FileDrive"
device, since I belive that only device classes are allowed targets to the
dbbackup command. And then set up a nice small storagepool so the file
gets instantly transferred to tape...

Thanks for all responses to my question

Regards, Lucian

Hoa V Nguyen <nguyenhv AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Gesendet von: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
15.09.2004 16:06
Bitte antworten an "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"