ADSM-L

Re: HELP ... trying to backup up files that are 8 Gbytes+ is size on a Netware 6 server from NSS volumes

2004-09-13 18:17:21
Subject: Re: HELP ... trying to backup up files that are 8 Gbytes+ is size on a Netware 6 server from NSS volumes
From: Troy Frank <Troy.Frank AT UWMF.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 17:16:46 -0500
Ok, so it looks like the server is Netware 6, not 6.5?  Have they tried
installing sp5?  If it's Netware 6, have you tried using tsa600.nlm
rather than tsafs?  There's also a command you can put in the dsm.opt
file that might help....

 memoryefficientbackup yes

Might not do anything in your case, but it's worth trying.  What TSM
client levels have you tried specifically?

Troy Frank
Network Services
University of Wisconsin Medical Foundation
608.829.5384

>>> Peter_Hadikin AT BCIT DOT CA 9/13/2004 4:47:17 PM >>>
We are having great problems backup up lab image files that are 8+
Gbytes in size from a Netware server. I have tried various versions of
TSM. The Netware support guys have installed various version of TSAUP
... the current versions we are trying are dated from June of 2004 for
both TSAFS and SMDR. They have applied the latest patches to the
Netware 6 server, NSS modules have been updated.

Yet, when we try backup the 8+ Gbyte files we end up backing up the
first 4 Gbytes and that is it. I cannot help thinking that somewhere
there is something using a 32 bit integer (4 Gbyte limit = 4 ** 32).

If anybody out there backing up a file larger than 4 Gbytes. If yes, I
would certainly like to hear from you. Any TSM support people that
read
this .. please send me an email. It is getting more than a bit
frustrating. If I need to include more info, please let me know.
Based on the docs, it seems like this should work.

Take care,
Peter

Confidentiality Notice follows:

The information in this message (and the documents attached to it, if any)
is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for
the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized. If
you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution
or any action taken, or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in
error, please delete all electronic copies of this message (and the
documents attached to it, if any), destroy any hard copies you may have
created and notify me immediately by replying to this email. Thank you.