ADSM-L

Re: Client on server with lanfree

2004-09-09 17:15:41
Subject: Re: Client on server with lanfree
From: TSM_User <tsm_user AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 12:12:05 -0700
I don't think you can run the TSM Server and TSM Storage Agent on the same
server.  Really what is the need.  If you want to backup directly to Tape you
can when the client and server are on the same box without using the Storage
Agent.  You can use Named Pipes for the backup.

rh <rh_info_store AT YAHOO DOT COM> wrote:
Greetings!

I have a 5.1 Windows server with a backup client
running on the same machine. Disk and tapes are SAN
attached. As usual, getting the best peformance for
the backup client is desired. Is it possible to run
Lanfree on the client? Has anyone done this and
compared performance versus TCPIP and named pipes when
client and server are on the same machine?

Thanks for the help,
Rod Hroblak
ADP