ADSM-L

Re: Reducing reuse delay - immediate effect ?

2004-09-08 07:45:46
Subject: Re: Reducing reuse delay - immediate effect ?
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 07:45:16 -0400
Changing reusedelay has an immediate effect for the stgpool
you change it on, including DRM managed pools.
Actually it takes about 15-20 minutes in my experience
to see the effect.

For offsite pool, next time you run list of tapes to come back
you will have a larger list.

>>> Arnaud.Brion AT PANALPINA DOT COM 09/08/2004 6:44:29 AM >>>
Hi List,

Due to numerous new client installations, I'm expecting a shortage of
scratch volumes in our library, and was thinking of reducing reuse
delay
values for our storage pools from 7 to 5 days. I was wondering if this
will have an immediate effect (tape that would have return to scratch
tomorrow and the day after will make it today), or if only new pending
tapes will be affected by the new reuse delay. Also is there an impact
on DRM, I should take care of ?
TIA.
Regards.

Arnaud

******
Panalpina Management Ltd., Basle, Switzerland, CIT Department
Viadukstrasse 42, P.O. Box 4002 Basel/CH
Phone:  +41 (61) 226 11 11, FAX: +41 (61) 226 17 01
Direct: +41 (61) 226 19 78
e-mail: arnaud.brion AT panalpina DOT com
******

This message is for the named person's use only.  It may
contain confidential, proprietary, or legally privileged
information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived or
lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this message
in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it
from your system, destroy any hard copies of it, and notify
the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use,
disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message
if you are not the intended recipient.  Health First reserves
the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its
networks.  Any views or opinions expressed in this message
are solely those of the individual sender, except (1) where
the message states such views or opinions are on behalf of
a particular entity;  and (2) the sender is authorized by
the entity to give such views or opinions.