ADSM-L

Strange Backup Behaviour.

2004-09-06 09:11:13
Subject: Strange Backup Behaviour.
From: Bill Dourado <bill.dourado AT ALSTEC DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 14:11:00 +0100
Hi,

Recently we noticed that our scheduled Backup/Archive Client and TDP for
Domino backups,
were not backing up very much data  on the D Drive.

Our C: drive backups up ok.

On further tests on D drive via the scheduled method, we noticed that only
top level directories(newly created)
were being backed up , but  files or subdirectories within these top level
directories were not being backed up !
Also files at any level are not being backed up !

Backups via the GUI work fine so it looks like a permissions problem -
SYSTEM has all permissions -
the TSM services run via LocalSystem. As usual nobody will admit messing
with the permissions..etc.

Our Windows gurus havn't come up with a explanation/solution yet !

Anybody got any ideas ?

TSM Server for Windows 5.2.2.0              -    OS  Windows Server 2003
TSM Client Backup/Archive 5.2.2.0         -    OS   Windows Server 2003
 TDP for Domino 5.1.5.01

T.I.A

Bill