ADSM-L

Re: determining which files will be copied to copy stgpool

2004-09-01 16:09:50
Subject: Re: determining which files will be copied to copy stgpool
From: Richard Rhodes <rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 16:10:27 -0400
Lots of TSM'ers respond. . . .

>Do you disable sessions during the migration?

No, we don't.  We expect this situation to some degree
because of this (oracle archive logs, mostly).
This is occuring after we've done all the
batch processing.  In other words, after batch is done we
expect (and do) see some difference between the primary tape
and copy tape pools, but it increases!

>Have you tried to query your activity log to see if your primary
>diskpool is migrationg data between your storagpool backups?

No, it's not migrating when we're seeing this.

>You might want to check your Maximum Size Threshold on your disk storage
>pools.  If files are larger than the max, they will go directly to your
>primary sequential pool and bypass the disk pool (and therefore not get
>to the copy tape pool until the tape to tape runs).

The disk pool does not have a max thresh set.  All files go into the
disk pool.  We have a few clients send their backups straight to the
tape pool . . .

. . . . .AHhhhhhhhhhhh . . . . .  This might be coming from our notes
servers
which  backup straight to tape (notes transaction logs).
Have to check this . . .

Rick

The information contained in this message is intended only for the personal
and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for
delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you
have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately,
and delete the original message.