ADSM-L

Re: SQL Select

2004-08-31 12:14:52
Subject: Re: SQL Select
From: "Mark D. Rodriguez" <mark AT MDRCONSULT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 11:15:31 -0500
James Lepre wrote:

I am trying to find a statement that would allow me to see what tapes need to
be reclaimed.  Can this be done?

James,

Here is a little script that will do it for you.  Just define this as a
TSM script

q scr recl f=d

                         Name: RECL
                  Line Number: Description
                      Command: List tapes to be reclaimed, pass
STG_Pool and RECL Threshold
Last Update by (administrator): ADMIN
        Last Update Date/Time: 08/31/2004 11:10:15

                         Name: RECL
                  Line Number: 1
                      Command: select VOLUME_NAME,PCT_UTILIZED from
volumes where PCT_UTILIZED < (100-$2) and STGPOOL_NAME='$1'
Last Update by (administrator): ADMIN
        Last Update Date/Time: 08/31/2004 11:10:15

You will invoke it by issuing

ru recl /stgpool reclthreshold
/
where /stgpool/= the name of the Storage pool, note this needs to be all
caps
           /reclthreshold/=The value you would set the the reclaim
attribute of that storage pool.

I hope this is what you wanted.

--
Regards,
Mark D. Rodriguez

MDR Consulting
The very best in Technical Training and Consulting.
IBM Advanced Business Partner
SAIR Linux and GNU Authorized Center for Education
IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert, CATE
AIX Support and Performance Tuning, RS6000 SP, TSM/ADSM and Linux
Red Hat Certified Engineer, RHCE