ADSM-L

Re: INCLEXCL again

2004-08-25 15:14:21
Subject: Re: INCLEXCL again
From: fred johanson <fred AT MIDWAY.UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:15:06 -0500
This is a system(SUN) being readied to replace an existing system(WINNT)
which uses the same management classes.  The management class points to a
different stgpool than the default, so the immediate clue is that there are
no files for the node in that stgpool.  The inclexcl file shows up, in its
entirety in the 'q inclexcl'.  There is nothing in the error log or the
schedule log other than the scheduled command was successfully executed and
400+ files, 80+ Mb were backed up.  A select on the filespace shows nothing
bound to the desired management class.

At 11:44 AM 8/25/2004 -0600, you wrote:
> ... but the files are still going to the DEFAULT
> management class.

Ah, that was the part that was missing.

Do these management classes exist, and if so, do they have backup copy
groups? Are you getting any related messages in dsmerror.log? Do you have
any client option sets that are overriding your local include/exclude
list? What does "dsmc query inclexcl" show?

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 08/25/2004
10:17:15:

> They look fine to me, but the files are still going to the DEFAULT
> management class.
>

> At 11:04 AM 8/25/2004 -0600, you wrote:
> >Is this a puzzle? They look fine to me!   :-)
> >
> >Regards,
> >
> >Andy
> >
> >Andy Raibeck
> >IBM Software Group
> >Tivoli Storage Manager Client Development
> >Internal Notes e-mail: Andrew Raibeck/Tucson/IBM@IBMUS
> >Internet e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com
> >
> >The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked.
> >The command line is your friend.
> >"Good enough" is the enemy of excellence.
> >
> >"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 08/25/2004
> >09:09:33:
> >
> > > Had some trouble with mail the other day when I sent this, so I'll
try
> >again.
> > >
> > > There's something obviously wrong with the last three lines, but I
just
> > > can't see it.

> > > Fred Johanson
> > > ITSM Administrator