ADSM-L

Sending TDPD events to TEC

2004-08-25 11:31:00
Subject: Sending TDPD events to TEC
From: Jozef Zatko <zatko AT LOGIN DOT SK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 17:31:39 +0200
Hello guys,
for monitoring of Domino backups I need to send TDPD messages (ACD52xx) to
TEC (tivoli receiver).
When I use enable event command on TSM server, I get following error
message:

tsm: TSM>enable event tivoli ACD5202
ANR1801E ENABLE EVENTS: Invalid event or event class - ACD5202

According to TDPD documentation, messages labeled "Centrally logged" are
sent to TSM server and then they can be sent to specified event receiver.

Following is one paragraf from TDPD manual:

Several of the Data Protection for Domino messages are sent to the Storage
Manager Server so that execution of the Data Protection for Domino can be
centrally monitored. Specifically, those messages labeled Centrally logged
can be
sent to the Storage Manager Server. The centrally logged messages are in
the range
ACD5200 through ACD5299 but not all messages in that range are sent to the
server. The Storage Manager Server then has the ability to route these
messages to
several different .receivers. which include the server activity log, the
server
console and other external monitoring facilities such as SNMP and the
Tivoli/Enterprise Console (T/EC). The Storage Manager Server command
enable
events is used to control which receivers get the Data Protection for
Domino
messages. Also, the receivers provide an ability to filter which messages
are
actually processed. Some receivers provide filtering based on message
severity
while others (such as the T/EC receiver) allow filtering on individual
message
numbers.

In TSM server refference manual I found following text in description of
enable event command:

event_name
A four-digit message number preceded by ANR for a server event or ANE
for a client event. Valid ranges are from ANR0001 to ANR9999 and from
ANE4000 to ANE4999. Specify the NODENAME parameter if client events
are to be enabled for matching nodes. Specify the SERVERNAME
parameter if server events are to be enabled for matching servers.

For the TIVOLI event receiver, you can specify the following additional
ranges for the Tivoli Storage Manager application clients:

Tivoli Storage ManagerApplication Client              Prefix Range
Data Protection for Microsoft Exchange Server    ACN             3500–3649
Data Protection for Lotus Domino                           ACD 5200–5299
Data Protection for Oracle                                         ANS
500–599
Data Protection for Informix                                      ANS
600–699
Data Protection for Microsoft SQL Server               ACO 3000–3999

Notes:
1. The application client must have enhanced Tivoli Event Console
support enabled in order to route the above messages to the Tivoli
Event Console.
2. Specifying the ALL option enables these messages. However, the INFO,
WARNING, ERROR, and SEVERE options have no effect on the
messages.
3. Because of the number of messages, you should not enable all messages
from a node to be logged to the Tivoli Event Console.

Does somebody know, what does it mean "enhanced Tivoli Event Console
support enabled"?
I found no information about this on IBM site, nor on ADSM.org.

TSM server: 5.2.2.5 on AIX 5.1
TDPD 5.1.5 on Windows

Thanks in advance

Ing. Jozef Zatko