ADSM-L

Re: Licensing

2004-08-25 03:29:54
Subject: Re: Licensing
From: Daniel Sparrman <Daniel.Sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 09:30:25 +0200
Hi

Does the storage agent node (_SA) have data within TSM? If not, you need
to remove the storage agent node from the TSM server(which shouldnt be a
problem, as the node in question is no longer using LAN-free
functionality). That should also remove the license requirement.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
-----------------------------------
Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB
Propellervägen 6B
183 62 TÄBY
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
2004-08-24 18:40
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Licensing

That would tell TSM that I'm not doing any SAN but a Q LIC shows that
TSM still thinks I'M doing SAN.  So the question again is how to
convince TSM that the old node is no longer doing Lan Free.

>>> rbs AT BU DOT EDU 8/24/2004 11:55:52 AM >>>
>I have a node that used to be Lan Free but no longer uses Lan Free.
How
>do I convince TSM licensing to stop counting it as a MGSYSSAN node?

I believe by doing a REGister LICense with Number=0
which unregisters the license.

   Richard Sims