ADSM-L

Re: 2 3494 Tape libraries seem to have very different capacities. Any ideas?

2004-08-23 14:06:55
Subject: Re: 2 3494 Tape libraries seem to have very different capacities. Any ideas?
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 14:06:54 -0400
The output from "select
stgpool_name,sum(num_files),sum(logical_mb),sum(physical_mb) from
occupancy group by stgpool_name" should give some indication of whether
the same amount of stuff is getting to the remote storagepools.

David

>>> jdury AT DUQLIGHT DOT COM 8/23/2004 1:26:57 PM >>>
      We have 2 3494 tape libraries. One is local and the other is
remote.
The local one (3494LOCAL) receives all the data from the nightly
backups as
it gets migrated from disk. The remote one (3494REMOTE) is only used as
the
target of backing up the 3494LOCAL storage pool which gets done
everyday
during the day. 3494LOCAL has 577 library volumes in it. 3494REMOTE has
494
library volumes in it. Both tape libraries only have 3590K tapes in
them.
      My problem is that 3494LOCAL has 62 scratch tapes available and
3494REMOTE has 207 scratch tapes in it. Reclamation runs daily and sets
the
same percentage (57) for both libraries. How can there be such a huge
difference in the number of scratch tapes if both libraries should
roughly
have the same amount of data? It's making me a little nervous that
3494REMOTE doesn't have the same data or something somewhere is going
wrong.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
John