ADSM-L

upgrade from tsm 5.1 to 5.2 on AIX

2004-08-20 09:09:09
Subject: upgrade from tsm 5.1 to 5.2 on AIX
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 09:09:54 -0400
Last weekend we migrated our TSM 5.1.6 server from AIX 4.3.3 to a
different AIX server running TSM 5.1.6 and AIX 5.2.0. We did this by
installing TSM 5.1.6 on the replacement server. migrating the TSM server
configurable files, then bringing over the SSA disks with the TSM DB and
storage pools. Came up fine.

Our next step will be to upgrade to TSM 5.2.2

Questions:
- should we prepare for the upgrade by doing an audit db fix=yes prior
to insdtalling 5.2?
- when we install 5.2, then bring up the server, will it invoke an
upgrade to the TSM db as in previous versions I've upgraded?

Larry