ADSM-L

Moving HSM data to a new TSM server

2004-08-18 11:45:42
Subject: Moving HSM data to a new TSM server
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 11:45:11 -0400
We are preparing to move our TSM server from z/OS to mainframe Linux.
We have an AIX client using the space management client code. We are
currently planning the following procedure for moving the space
management files to the new server:

1.Add a new server stanza to dsm.sys on the AIX system.
2.Execute 'dsmmigfs globaldeactivate' on the AIX system.
3.Use server to server export/import to move the space management data
  from the z/OS server to the Linux server.
4.Update the 'servername' line in dsm.opt on the AIX system to point
  to the new server stanza.
5.Execute 'dsmmigfs globalreactivate' on the AIX system.
6.Execute an incremental backup of the space managed file system to the
  Linux server to copy non-migrated files across the network and copy
  migrated files from storage pool to storage pool.

Have we missed anything? In particular, will the space management client
code reread dsm.opt and dsm.sys when space management is reactivated?