ADSM-L

Re: restore db to new host (LPAR) and ESS dsmfmt'd stg volumes?

2004-08-16 13:44:54
Subject: Re: restore db to new host (LPAR) and ESS dsmfmt'd stg volumes?
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 12:44:41 -0500
Lisa -

No problem, AIX makes this simpple as long as nothing of note is in the
rootvg.

FWIW, here's the process I go through:

Stop TSM
Unmount file systems
Varyoffvg the volume group
Assign the luns to the new system on the ESS
Cfgmgr on the new system to get the hdisk definitions
Smitty -> devices -> datapath devices -> define and configure all
datapath devices to configure the vpaths
Importvg -y <vgname> <hdiskn> to import the vg
Unmount the file systems (if mounted) and varyoff the vg
Hd2vp <vgname>
Varyonvg <vgname> and mount the filesystems

Once things look good --
On the old system -- exportvg <vgname> to delete the filesystem
definitions
Rmdev -dl the vpaths and hdisks
And un-assign the volumes on the ESS

(I like to leave myself a path back in case of problems)

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This email and any attachments are for the exclusive
and confidential use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please do not read, distribute or take action in reliance upon this
message. If you have received this in error, please notify us immediately by
return email and promptly delete this message and its attachments from your
computer system. We do not waive attorney-client or work product privilege by
the transmission of this message.