ADSM-L

restore db to new host (LPAR) and ESS dsmfmt'd stg volumes?

2004-08-16 12:32:27
Subject: restore db to new host (LPAR) and ESS dsmfmt'd stg volumes?
From: Lisa Laughlin <Lisa.Laughlin AT MODOT.MO DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:32:20 -0500
Hello all,

I am wondering if anyone has any experience moving TSM from one AIX host to
another, both of which are attached to an ESS.  My basic question is
whether it is possible to move the vpaths from the one host and to the
other & be able to retain the dsmfmt'd storage pool volumes in the
reassignment, or if I will have to redefine all the vpaths and then
redsmfmt all the stg pool volumes?  I also wonder if it would be possible
to use Sysback to accomplish this, if it isn't possible through the
conventional AIX ways.

I have been trying to research this online, but really can't find anything
about it.

TIA

lisa