ADSM-L

[no subject]

2004-08-14 11:28:44
From: Richard Golasky <RICHARD_GOLASKY AT DELL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 10:13:26 -0500
Can someone please explain to me how to have data sent directly to a
tape library via TSM.  I realize that by default, TSM sends data to disk
instead of tape devices, but I want all data to go to tape first.  In my
installation, I have successfully created tape drive and library paths,
LTOCLASS, storage pool, registered the client to use the LTOCLASS..etc.
I have labeled the tape media and did a "checkin" of the media.
Everything looks as if it is setup OK,  however, when I start a backup
operation, the data is sent directly to disk.

(I have a six-drive library and TSM evreything just fine.).

What step am I missing?  (I just want backup operation to go directly to
tape instead of disk)