ADSM-L

NAS with External Library

2004-08-13 08:45:16
Subject: NAS with External Library
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 08:44:58 -0400
Hello everyone!

We are in the process of testing an EMC NS704G NAS gateway and I was
wondering if anyone would happen to know if this is able to be used with
TSM along with an External Library?  We have an SL8500 library with LTO2
drives and we use ACSLS 7.1 and Gresham EDT.  If anyone has a similar setup
or knows where to find this info. could you please let me know?  I was
reading the Admin Guide and there was a note that the TSM server doesn't
include External Library support for the ACSLS library when the library is
used for NDMP operations and I just wanted to verify exactly what this
means.   Thanks!

Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems