ADSM-L

Re: IBMTape on Solaris servers device drivers

2004-08-13 07:20:13
Subject: Re: IBMTape on Solaris servers device drivers
From: Steve Hartland <SteveH AT LECHABILESS.CO DOT ZA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 13:22:46 +0200
Hi Joni
        I have a site running Solaris 9 with Emulex 9002L HBA's and IBM 3582
with 2 LTO2 drives using the same version of the IBMtape device driver. Works
fine after overcoming the fiasco with Emulex's HBA driver version 6.00g. (now
running 6.01c). I assume that you have commented out all the entries in the
st.conf file for the tape devices that you want TSM to use (as per the IUG that
you refer to). IBMtape creates its own .conf file. If the .conf files are
correctly set up, a ls -la /dev/rmt should show you one entry for the media
changer and 8 entries for each LTO2 drive. The entries will show the full path
from the hba to the device. I do not have an actual sample to include right
now, but the important thing is the st definintions for the tape devices. For
example:

0smc Media changer
First tape dev
1st