ADSM-L

Solution for Licensing Issue

2004-08-12 11:01:14
Subject: Solution for Licensing Issue
From: Jason Specland <jas2005 AT MED.CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 11:00:47 -0400
While moving our TSM setup to a new server, I was having trouble with
the license installation.  I'd sworn I'd installed all of the proper
license packages, but I still got the expiring evaluation licenses on
the server.

The problem was that the new server was running AIX 5.2, and I'd
installed *both* tivoli.tsm.license.rte *and*
tivoli.tsm.license.aix5.rte64.

I removed license.rte, license.aix5.rte64, and license.cert.  I then
reinstalled license.aix5.rte64 and license.cert and all was well.

I mention it here because I Googled the problem, and saw the question
on the list, but not an answer.

--
Jason A. Specland
Senior Unix Administrator - Weill Cornell Medical College