ADSM-L

Re: Checked in volumes could not be mounted

2004-08-10 12:32:30
Subject: Re: Checked in volumes could not be mounted
From: Tomas Nalevajko <nalevajk AT DCS.FMPH.UNIBA DOT SK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 18:29:32 +0200
On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, Tomas Nalevajko wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm encountering problems by our client with checked in volumes. Could
> someone suggest me some actions in this case? Or did someone see similar
> case before? Many thanks.
>
> Case: q libvol gives list of volumes in library. some of them can be used
> for backup but some of them no. I identified those volumes and tried to
> check them out but tsm didn't take them out of the library. So I turned
> library off, took out volumes, turned on library, audited library and
> through the mailslot I checked volumes in (checkin libvol dell136t
> stat=scratch checkl=barcode search=bulk). Now, if I'm trying to make for
> example backup of tsm db (backup db dev=sdltdrive vol=<volname> type=full
> scratch=yes), tsm fails with error message (Mount request denied for
> volume <volname> - volume not available.)

For some volumes there is also "I/O error reading label for volume
<volname> in drive <drive>". What kind of error it could be if labels for
some other volume can be read and if barcode on the tape is correct.

--
Nalevajko Tomas

e-mail: nalevajk AT dcs.fmph.uniba DOT sk
homepage: www.dcs.fmph.uniba.sk/~nalevajk