ADSM-L

Re: FC 3590E1A per HBA

2004-08-06 09:40:24
Subject: Re: FC 3590E1A per HBA
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 08:39:46 -0500
It gets even worse -- a 6228 HBA can eat the entire available bandwidth
of a PCI bus (per IBM's doc) so each card should be on a separate PCI
bus with very little else on the bus. There are only 3 PCI buses in the
I/O drawers used by most of the 6000s currently installed. And, like
Remco said -- do the math.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc