ADSM-L

How to check out tapes from an inaccessible library?

2004-08-04 12:08:16
Subject: How to check out tapes from an inaccessible library?
From: Nancy Reeves <Nancy.Reeves AT WICHITA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 11:07:46 -0500
How can I force TSM to checkout tapes that are in an inaccessible library?

Here's the situation. We have a 3584 LTO library that is fibre attached
through a SAN switch. The library is inaccessible because of switch
problems. I have defined another library (with a path through a different
device) and can communicate with the physical library now, through a new
library definition. I have 1 tape defined to the new library, because it
was on my desk. I need to check out all of the scratch tapes from the
inaccessible library and check them into the good one.

I have tried 'checkout libv 3584lib xxxxxx checklabel=no force=yes
remove=no' because that seemed to be just database and not physical
connection required. But it failed.

TSM is 5.2.2.0 on AIX.

Thanks for any ideas.

Nancy Reeves
Technical Support, Wichita State University
Nancy.Reeves AT wichita DOT edu          316-978-3860