ADSM-L

archive attribute - windows 2000

2004-08-04 09:57:14
Subject: archive attribute - windows 2000
From: "Levi, Ralph" <RLevi AT HESS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 09:56:48 -0400
Has anyone seen a situation where the archive attribute gets turns on
but the data hasn't changed ?  I have a server that appears to have this
problem.  I don't see any scheduled tasks running that could cause this.
It happens weekly and causes havoc on my incremental.  I also see files
that have the attribute still on after the backup has ended (sometimes
the backup has to be cancelled because it bleeds into 1st shift.  Could
that leave the attribute on?).  I am thinking about using
RESETARCHIVEATTR to see if this helps.  Any suggestions would be
welcome.  This is a windows 2000 server version 5 sp 4 build 2195 with
TSM client 5.1.7.

Thanks,
Ralph