ADSM-L

Re: Microsoft SQL Server "instances" question

2004-08-03 12:48:02
Subject: Re: Microsoft SQL Server "instances" question
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 12:47:37 -0400
Bill,

Microsoft SQL Server allows you to have multiple "named"
instances of the SQL Server running at the same time on
the same machine. Each "instance" has its own set
of system and user databases. Each "instance" is identified
by a unique name.

Logically, you can think of each SQL Server "instance"
as being a completely separate SQL Server.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 08/03/2004
10:53:04 AM: