ADSM-L

Re: Empty tapes not returning to scratch

2004-08-02 19:05:21
Subject: Re: Empty tapes not returning to scratch
From: TSM_User <tsm_user AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 16:04:47 -0700
I think that when your tape is in a status of somthing other than readw it
won't delete.  Update the volume access=readw.

fred johanson <fred AT MIDWAY.UCHICAGO DOT EDU> wrote:
Server level 5.2.2.5

q med uc0262

UC0262 Mountable in library UOCLIB

q vol uc0262 f=d

Volume Name: UC0262
Storage Pool Name: BACKDESKPOOL
Device Class Name: TAPE
Estimated Capacity (MB): 0.0
Scaled Capacity Applied:
Pct Util: 0.0
Volume Status: Empty
Access: Read-Only
Pct. Reclaimable Space: 0.0
Scratch Volume?: Yes
In Error State?: No
Number of Writable Sides: 1
Number of Times Mounted: 1
Write Pass Number: 1
Approx. Date Last Written: 10/18/2003 14:45:00
Approx. Date Last Read: 10/18/2003 14:12:53
Date Became Pending:
Number of Write Errors: 0
Number of Read Errors: 0
Volume Location: Shelf Tape Library
Volume is MVS Lanfree Capable : No
Last Update by (administrator): FRED
Last Update Date/Time: 02/06/2004 12:31:03

tsm: TSM>move data uc0262
ANR2232W This command will move all of the data stored on volume UC0262 to
other volumes within the same storage pool; the data will be inaccessible to
users until the operation completes.

Do you wish to proceed? (Yes (Y)/No (N)) y
ANR2209W Volume UC0262 contains no data.
ANS8001I Return code 11.

tsm: TSM>del vol uc0262
ANR2220W This command will delete volume UC0262 from its storage pool after
verifying that the volume contains no data.

Do you wish to proceed? (Yes (Y)/No (N)) y
ANS8001I Return code 14.

tsm: TSM>aud vol uc0262
ANR2310W This command will compare all inventory references to volume UC0262
with the actual data stored on the volume and will report any discrepancies;
the data will be inaccessible to users until the operation completes.

Do you wish to proceed? (Yes (Y)/No (N)) y
ANR2209W Volume UC0262 contains no data.

tsm: TSM>upd vol uc0262 acc=dest
ANR2212I UPDATE VOLUME: No volumes updated.

Fred Johanson
ITSM Administrator
University of Chicago
773-702-8464