ADSM-L

Re: TSM Image Restore

2004-08-02 12:23:54
Subject: Re: TSM Image Restore
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 12:23:36 -0400
We ran into the same problem.

1) Just having an Explorer window open to that drive is enough to cause the
"locked" message.

2) Remote users accessing that drive via Explorer across a network
connection can cause it.

3) Even with all Windows closed, we sometimes couldn't find whatever was
causing the "locked" message.
In those cases, we found that a quick format of the drive cleared it.
With a quick format you get a prompt with approximately the same message,
but you get the option to go ahead and format anyway.
That cleared it.

(And the image restore is going to wipe out the drive anyway).

Hope that helps.
Wanda Prather
"I/O, I/O, It's all about I/O"  -(me)