ADSM-L

TSM Image Restore

2004-08-02 12:17:57
Subject: TSM Image Restore
From: "Ackerman, David" <AckermaD AT SHARPSEC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 12:00:16 -0400
I'm new to TSM and I'm attempting to do an image restore on a Windows 2K
Server. When I click the restore button in TSM, I receive the error
"ANS1287E Volume can not be locked." Does anyone know how to resolve this? I
know if anything is open on this drive you would receive this message but
nothing is running on this drive.  I'm not restoring a system drive but
rather a drive with just applications. If no files on the drive to be
restored can be in use than how would you restore a system drive, via a boot
disk? Sorry if these are dumb questions but again I'm new this.

Thanks
Dave Ackerman
EDI Analyst
Sharp Electronics