ADSM-L

Re: TDP FOR MAIL

2004-08-02 09:36:06
Subject: Re: TDP FOR MAIL
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 09:35:45 -0400
James,

You should be backing up all of the Storage Groups on your
Exchange server that need to be protected. This is accomplished
on the CLI with an "*".
For example:
   TDPEXCC BACKUP * FULL
Data Protection for Exchange will enumerate all of the Storage Groups,
and back each one up. There are sample "batch" files included in the
product installation directory that give you examples on how to
set this up.

The User's Guide should help you with this. The sample options file
that is shipped with Data Protection for Exchange has the necessary
TSM API options, however, you will need to update it to specify the
communications options for contacting the TSM Server. The sample
Data Protection for Exchange configuration file also has the necessary
settings to get this working.

Make sure you have Data Protection for Exchange version 5.2.1
(as shown by the information in the CLI output or the
About box on the GUI.) Version 5.2.1 is required in order
to back up Exchange 2003 properly.

There is also an appendix in the User's Guide completely dedicated to
setting
up Data Protection for Exchange with the TSM central scheduler.

If you are having problems getting this working, please provide
error messages and/or problem symptoms in your appends to this forum.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 08/02/2004
07:09:31 AM: