ADSM-L

Weird TSM Storage Agent keep repeating even after removal

2004-07-31 05:51:53
Subject: Weird TSM Storage Agent keep repeating even after removal
From: Ameerul Mazli <ameerul_msb AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 21:05:20 -0700
Hi Anyone,
Environment is:
TSM Svr:
-AIX 5.2
-TSM Svr 5.2.3
-TSM CLient 5.2.2
-Tape LIbrary: 3584LTO with 5 LTO2 drives

TSM Client:
-AIX 5.2
-TSM Client 5.2.2
-TSM SAN Agent 5.2.2

Need help badly here. On the client I did configure
the TSM SAN Agent but then I stopped the services by
killing the process and disable the startup in
/etc/inittab. This shld have killed the session on the
TSM server But weird things happens on the TSM server.
The process is still there. Even when i cancel the
sess manual on the TSM svr, it keep proping up again
sometimes up to 10 sess of the same agent?!?

Why is this? Could you help me to solve this problem.
It is running life on customer site.

They don't have problem backing up to tape but when
they issue a Copy pool backup, the target tape get I/O
error and set to 'Unavailable'. And this is really
irritating.

Pls help me to understand and solve the problem.

Thanks and regards
Ameerul
Kuala Lumpur.