ADSM-L

TDP SQL errors backing up SQLSERVER Cluster on Windows2003

2004-07-30 14:16:53
Subject: TDP SQL errors backing up SQLSERVER Cluster on Windows2003
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 14:15:50 -0400
Windows2003 Cluster running SQL Server
TDP SQLServer 5.1.5.0
TSM Client 5.2.2.10
TSM Server on Windows2003 5.2.2.5

We were doing TDP backups of the SQLDatabases just fine, until the cluster
was re-addressed for IP. Now when the TDP backup runs, right at the end it
fails with a DBNETLIB error. It's looking like Microsoft #827452, but it was
working. What could have changed, or not changed, when the IP addresses were
changed? The Ipaddress of both cluster nodes as well as the cluster IP
resource were changed. TSM PROMPTED scheduling works, the B/A backups of the
C: drives on each node work, but the TDP backups fail.

I opened a PMR and they just pointed us to the Microsoft problem.

Anyone having problems or have some suggestions???

Bill Boyer
"An Optimist is just a pessimist with no job experience."  - Scott Adams