ADSM-L

Re: server scripts

2004-07-28 14:28:05
Subject: Re: server scripts
From: Greg Kemp <gkemp AT MAC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 11:27:47 -0700
Thanks Ted.

regards

On Jul 27, 2004, at 12:50 PM, Ted Byrne wrote:

As a refinement to what Richard suggests, you might try using the
option
format=macro rather than format=raw.  In this case, where you're
essentially copying your scripts en masse between servers, you would be
able to dump all of the commands scripts from the existing server to a
file
with a single command, and re-create all of the scripts on the new
server
by processing that file with the macro command.

Take Richard's final recommendation to heart.  Maintaining the scripts
external to TSM will be worth any additional effort required; the TSM
web
interface to edit scripts leaves a lot to be desired, and there is no
undo...

Ted

At 03:15 PM 7/27/2004, you wrote:
>Is there any way to export or save server scripts? I am building a
new
>TSM server and want to use the same scripts I have on existing TSM
>servers. Any way to avoid the hassle of having to recreate each
script
>on the new server. (I know a DB restore would work...but this is a
new
>server with new nodes) AIX server v5.2.2

Greg -  From http://people.bu.edu/rbs/ADSM.QuickFacts :

Scripts, move between servers           Do 'Query SCRIPT scriptname
FORMAT=RAW
                                        OUTPUTFILE=____' to a file,
move the
                                        file to the other system, and
then do a
                                        'DEFine SCRIPT ... FILE=____'
to take
                                        that file as input.

Still, the best overall approach is to maintain your complex server
scripts
external to the TSM server and re-import after editing.

  Richard Sims