ADSM-L

Re: server scripts

2004-07-28 14:27:44
Subject: Re: server scripts
From: Greg Kemp <gkemp AT MAC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 11:27:22 -0700
Thanks Richard... worked great.

Regards,

Greg
On Jul 27, 2004, at 12:15 PM, Richard Sims wrote:

Is there any way to export or save server scripts? I am building a new
TSM server and want to use the same scripts I have on existing TSM
servers. Any way to avoid the hassle of having to recreate each script
on the new server. (I know a DB restore would work...but this is a new
server with new nodes) AIX server v5.2.2

Greg -  From http://people.bu.edu/rbs/ADSM.QuickFacts :

Scripts, move between servers           Do 'Query SCRIPT scriptname
FORMAT=RAW
                                        OUTPUTFILE=____' to a file,
move the
                                        file to the other system, and
then do a
                                        'DEFine SCRIPT ... FILE=____'
to take
                                        that file as input.

Still, the best overall approach is to maintain your complex server
scripts
external to the TSM server and re-import after editing.

  Richard Sims