ADSM-L

3494 library sharing serious problem - HELP!

2004-07-27 11:09:39
Subject: 3494 library sharing serious problem - HELP!
From: "Cain, Jason (Corporate)" <Jason.Cain AT CONAGRAFOODS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 10:09:19 -0500
Has anyone done this successfully at code level 5.2.0.1.  I have 2 TSM servers
both at the same code level, I am trying to do library sharing using the TSM1
server as the library manager and TSM2 server as the client.  The paths are
defined to TSM1(the manager) and everything works except a DB backup.  I can
dump disk pools on TSM2 to TSM1 and write backups directly to tape, however
when I do a DB backup (backup db type=full devclass=3590tape) the client TSM2
crashes.  TSM actually goes down and produces a core dump.  Per TSM support,
there is a known bug(Internal Defect #11305), which is a enter process
communication problem, and there is no documentation on it.  I just have to
take TSM support's word.  As you all know, it is hard to convince management to
take an outtage without some formal doc.  Per TSM support I have to upgrade to
5.2.1.0 to resolve the issue.

OK....If there is a communication problem then why can I dump diskpools and
write data directly to tape to the TSM library manager?

Any suggestions or comments would be great...

Thanks,
Jason