ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Domino

2004-07-21 12:21:27
Subject: Re: TDP for Domino
From: Debi Randolph <Debra.Randolph AT FBOL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 11:20:23 -0500
Pattie,

We have this problem every other month or so.  We have to clear the
dominc.log file to resolve the problem.  My guess is your uninstall and
reinstall left this file in tact.  So try the following.   I had to get to
Level 2 support for this resolution, and it was a known problem.  Something
about corrupt data in the log.  I've never seen anything weird in the log,
but this fixes it for us every time.  I was hoping they had a fix for it by
now.   We usually find the problem when someone is attempting a restore.

Best wishes!

Issue:   While attempting to run the Domino for Mail GUI Interface, the
application will not start and just returns the user to the desktop.

Workaround:   This issue can be resolved by clearing the following file on
the client:

            C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\Domino\dominc.log

What to Do:

            Find the file in question.
                       Open the file with Notepad.
            Right Click and Choose Select All