ADSM-L

RMAN on ORA-01403

2004-07-21 11:30:16
Subject: RMAN on ORA-01403
From: Lars Bebensee <LBebensee AT HAITEC DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 17:29:26 +0200
Hi guys and girls,

haven't been here for a while and it's nice to be back. I need help from
one of the Oracle-Gurus on this list. One of my customers moved some of his
Oracle datafiles to another filesystem. Unfortunately, he/she did so
without telling RMAN. So even though the Redbook says "RMAN needs to know
about any structural change of the target database ...", what's been done
has been done.
So now, I tried to convince RMAN to accept the new database layout. The
first thing that happend was a:

RMAN-06004: ORACLE error from recovery catalog database: RMAN-20003: target
database incarnation not found in recovery catalog

So I did a RESET DATABASE to set things back, which worked until resync'ing
the catalog. There it blows with:

RMAN-03006: non-retryable error occurred during execution of command:
resync
RMAN-07004: unhandled exception during command execution on channel default
RMAN-10035: exception raised in RPC: ORA-01403: no data found
RMAN-10031: ORA-1403 occurred during call to DBMS_RCVCAT.CHECKBACKUPPIECE

Does anyone here know what is going on and how to resolve it? I am by no
means a database expert so I did not really understand what some of the
Oracle documentation stated.

CYA

Lars