ADSM-L

Re: storage pool raid 1?

2004-07-21 11:09:28
Subject: Re: storage pool raid 1?
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 11:09:05 -0400
Another thing to remember  -- If you don't have time to migrate down to 0 on
the disk pool every night:
when TSM migrates, it takes the LARGEST filespace first, not the OLDEST
data.
So you can have little bits of old stuff hanging around in the disk pool.

And if you don't have time to migrate all the data every night, another way
to protect your data is to go ahead an make your COPYPOOL tape right off the
disk pool, instead of waiting until migration happens:

BACKUP STGPOOL diskpool copypool

Also saves tape mounts!