ADSM-L

TSM DR vs Veritas IDR

2004-07-19 20:02:53
Subject: TSM DR vs Veritas IDR
From: CORP Rick Willmore <RWillmore AT RSAC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 17:02:36 -0700
Hello All,
I wanted some input concerning TSM's DR module and its capabilities.  I used
BMR many years ago as a DR solution and was planning on using it with TSM.  I
am currently working with a Veritas Backup Exec guy who is touting the IDR
agent that Veritas has and was wondering what my options are for a DR scenario.
 I would like to be able to throw a floppy/CD in and restore a server to some
specific point in a DR scenario.  I am currently using the DR module as
supplied by TSM but feel that this isn't quite the solution I am looking for
when restoring a windows box.  Any input would be appreciated.

R.